Skip to content Sitemap

Renter’s Insurance: Protect Yourself

I strongly advise all Tenants to obtain renter’ insurance for their personal property, personal injuries occurring in the Premises, and/or other damages that may occur.

Renter’s insurance provides you with coverage for loss damage, or destruction of your property. It may also provide coverage for additional living expenses you may incur if your Premises becomes uninhabitable. Such insurance can also protect you from any liability claims resulting from your own activities. For example, if your negligence causes fire, you may be held responsible for the damage of the property of others, including Owner’s property. Similarly, if a guest were to have an accident in your apartment, you could be personally responsible for the guest’s injuries.

The cost is usually around $10/month so the minimum expense is worth the headache relief. Consult with an insurance agent to review your personal needs.

Posted by: sealeyteam on July 10, 2014
Posted in: Sealey Blog